Monday 4 February 2013

Bum Wrappers Diapers

BumWrapper Diaper is made by a stay at home mom in Grand Prairie, Alberta.  They are a One Size pocket style diaper, so they typically fit from about 12-40lbs. You can purchase them online at clothdiaperkids.com.

I was fortunate enough to test these diapers in the first round of testing as well as the final phase. The first thing that caught my attention was that the diaper has a minky inner in some fun colours. Pretty much all of the diapers I have seen out there are either white fleece, micro suede or a black charcoal bamboo. But none of them come in green, red, orange to name a few.  I like that. The minky is super soft and I was actually pleasantly surprised at how easy it cleaned up. No stains.
 
 
The other thing I really liked about these right off the bat it that they had leg gussets to hold in all the messes. The pocket opening is at the front of the diaper, another feature that is a bonus in my books.
 
When I got my diapers they do not come with inserts as they are testers. I didn't mind though because I prefer to use cotton flour sack towels or hemp as inserts in my pockets anyways.

This is the phase one tester of the diaper. It has 2 rows of snaps on the front giving you three different rise settings and 3 snaps on each flap at the waist. I found that the rise snaps were just a tad bit off on this and having it on the smallest setting would have been awkward. I did like the way the snaps are set up on the waist band. I did notice that the front flap of the diaper was lower than the waist band and some of the inner part of the diaper was exposed when you snapped it up. I never had a leak though. The only other thing that
was a bit odd on this phase was that then inserts I had all seemed to be too long for the diaper, so I had the insert sticking up past the waist band at the back of the diaper.
 




Recently the final phase testers were done and I got one to try out. The issue with the inserts not fitting and the rise snaps being odd got fixed so I was really excited to try it out.



This one has 4 snaps on each flap and has an option to cross over the front flaps so you can get a great fit on even the thinnest babies. I actually prefer the snap set up of the phase one better, but that is just a personal preference. It does not effect the function of the diaper.

The main features of the diaper are still the same as before. I love the minky inner, the fun colours, the front pocket and that it will fit my tall baby for quite some time. I stuffed this one with a cotton flour sack towel also and it is super trim under my son's clothes. The pocket is generous enough, though, that you could add additional inserts if you needed to boost the absorbency. The only issue I had with this diaper is my snaps seemed weak and they were a pain to snap closed and then they did not seem to want to stay closed. I did contact the seller and they did have some issues with the snaps on this batch but have made adjustments to correct it.

Here is Mr. B modelling the final phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment