Saturday 26 January 2013

Hip Huggers Diapers

One of the most common reasons families turn to cloth diapering is to save money, so it's no surprise that so many moms and dads do a double take and being to have doubts when they see diapers sold for $25-30 or even more!  I was going to save money and now I am to spend WHAT on a stash of cloth diapers?  Well there are options... One would be to build your stash gradually and transition over to cloth diapers over a period of time.  Another would be to buy used diapers from cloth diaper swaps of craigslist. Or.... buy a more budget friendly brand.  Now I know what you are all thinking. A cheaper diaper means cheaper quality, and yes sometimes that is the case.  I was sceptical at first when I came across Hip Huggers diapers on facebook.  I had tried some of the cheaper diaper brands and I was not impressed at all. But then again I had tried some higher priced, "better" brands and was left disappointed. Could a diaper under $20 actually deliver? Well Hip Huggers do!
There are several styles available, a regular, one with leg gussets and a charcoal bamboo. They are all one size diapers with a snap down rise and fit from about 8 -35lbs. They all come with hip snaps and the option to cross over the waist snap so you can get a good fit on babies of all shapes and sizes. The rise on these is great for my little one who is all torso, and for me that is a BIG bonus. At 9 months he is fast approaching the rise limit on a few of his one size diapers but I can still have him on the middle rise on these.  I also love the leg gussets. They really do keep messes contained and that is a huge deal, especially when you are dealing with explosive newborn breastfed poop.
 
 

 
This one is one of the regulars with leg gussets.  It has a microsuede inner which is great for pulling moisture away from baby so they feel dry. The only thing I don't like about microsuede is it stains more than regular fleece, but they sun out without any issues so it really isn't that big of a deal. These are also narrower in the crotch then some other diapers I have which is great because I don't like diapers with a lot of extra bulk.
 
This one is one of the charcoal bamboo inner ones. It also has leg gussets like the regular and it is also stay dry.  I did notice that it gets pilly a bit faster than the regular microsuede.
 
There are a variety of inserts available including microfiber, hemp/cotton blend and charcoal bamboo. All of which are really absorbent and super trim under clothes, although the hemp/cotton seem to shrink quite a bit.  All the diapers clean easily and dry really fast, even on the line. Stains can stick in the ones with white inners but like I said they sun out really well.
 
The best part is that these are available for under $15 for a diaper. Depending on the style they range from $9-$13. They also come in starter packs so you get an even better deal. With all the super cute prints available it is hard to pick a favourite for sure.
 
These are designed by a mom in British Columbia, Canada and are available on her Facebook Page "Hip Hugger Cloth Diapers". 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment